Hwange Colliery Company Limited “the Company” (formerly Wankie Colliery Company Limited) is incorporated in the Republic of Zimbabwe and has a primary listing on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange and secondary listings on the Johannesburg and London Stock Exchanges.
The Company’s principal activities are exploration, mining, processing of coal and the production of coke and related by-products in the north western part of Zimbabwe, Hwange District in the Matabeleland North Province. The Company is ISO 9001:2008 certified by the Standards Association of Zimbabwe (SAZ).
OPERATING ASSOCIATE AND JOINT VENTURE COMPANIES
Hwange Coal Gasification Company (Private) Limited Clay Products (Private) Limited Zimchem Refineries (Private) Limited
|STRATEGIC PRIORITY AREAS|
|Hwange Colliery Company Limited’s current corporate objectives are:
(1) Grow revenues and return to business Profitability from the current loss position to US$9m per month by 2021
(2) Ensure Customer Service Excellence and increase sales volumes to 835 000 Tons per month by 2021
(3) Improve Business Operational Efficiency to US$35 per ton by 2021
(4) Ensure Adquate Systems and human capital capability to 5 236 tons per man per annum by 2021
(5) To achieve Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) excellence by maintaining lost time injury frequency rate
(LTIFR) at less than 3 and lost
time injury severity rate (LTISR) at less than 140;
(6) To adhere to Good Corporate Governance principles; and
(7) To develop and retain critical skills, competencies and employee motivation to maintain competitiveness.