Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the ninety fifth (95th) Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Shareholders of Hwange Colliery
Company Limited will be held at Royal Harare Golf Club, 5th Street Extension Harare on Friday 29 June 2018 at 10:30 am
for the following business:
1. ORDINARY BUSINESS
1.1. To receive and consider the audited accounts and the reports of the directors and of the auditors for the year ended
31 December 2017.
1.2. In terms of the Company’s Articles, Mr Thomas Makore and Mrs Ntombizodwa Masuku retire from the Board by
rotation at the forthcoming annual general meeting. Being eligible, Mrs Ntombizodwa Masuku offers herself for reelection.
As a consequence of his resignation from the Company, Mr Thomas Makore is not offering himself for re-election.
1.3. To approve the Directors’ fees for the year ended 31 December 2017 of US$143 319.
1.4. To approve the remuneration of the auditors for the year ended 31 December 2017 of US$110 505.
1.5. To elect auditors of the Company, Grant Thornton Chartered Accountants (Zimbabwe) for the ensuing year.
2. SPECIAL BUSINESS
To consider and, if deemed fit, pass with or without modification, the following additional resolutions:
2.1 Borrowing Powers
To obtain by an Ordinary Resolution, the ratification of the Company’s Borrowing Powers for the year ended 31 December
2017 (Per Article 60 of the Company’s Articles of Association)
“THAT the Company’s excess borrowings of US$150,312,839 (One hundred and fifty million, three hundred and twelve
thousand, eight hundred and thirty-nine dollars) in the financial year ended 31 December 2017 be and is hereby ratified.”
3. OTHER BUSINESS
To transact such other business as may be transacted at an Annual General Meeting.
Members are notified that they are entitled to appoint one or more proxies to act in their alternative, to attend and vote and
speak in their place at the meeting. A proxy need not be a member of the Company. Proxies must be lodged at the registered
office of the Company at least forty-eight hours before the meeting.
For use at the Ninety fifth (95th) Annual General meeting of the Company to be held at Royal Harare Golf Club, 5th Street Extension Harare on Friday 29 June 2018 at 10:30 am.
Hwange Colliery Company Limited
7th Floor, Coal House
17 Nelson Mandela Avenue
|or by post to
Hwange Colliery Company Limited
P O Box 2870
NOTES OF PROXY FORM
1. A Shareholder entitled to attend and vote may insert the name/s of one or more proxy/ies or the names of two alternative proxies of the Shareholder’s
choice in the space provided, with or without deleting “the Chairman of the Annual General Meeting”. Any such proxy, the proxy will be exercised by the
chairman of the meeting.
2. The person whose name appears first on the proxy form and is present at the meeting will be entitled to act as proxy to the exclusion of those whose
3. A proxy is entitled to one vote by a show of hands by a poll one vote in respect of each share held. A Shareholder’s instructions to the proxy must be
indicated in the appropriate space.
4. If a Shareholder does not indicate on this interment that his proxy is to vote in favour of or against any resolution or abstain from voting or gives
contradictory instructions or should any further resolutions or any amendment/s which may be properly put before the Annual General Meeting be
proposed, the proxy shall be entitled to vote as he/she thinks fit.
5. Any alteration or correction made to this form must be initialized by the signatory/ies.
6. The completion and lodging of this form will not preclude a Shareholder from attending the Annual general Meeting and speaking and voting in person
thereat, to the exclusion of any proxy/ies appointed in terms hereof, should such Shareholder wish to do so.
7. Forms of proxy must be lodged with or posted to the Secretary, Hwange Colliery Company Limited, to be received no later than 48 hours before the
time fixed for the meeting.
8. The Chairman of the meeting may accept or reject any proxy form which is completed and/or received other than in accordance with these instructions
CHANGE OF ADDRESS
If the address on the envelop of this letter is incorrect or has changed, please fill in the correct details below and return to the Secretary.